Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tooling around in a titan xd at the auto show, noticed all of the trucks have this panel or knockout in the top of the dash. Who wants to venture a guess, I have no clue...LOL! Gauge package upgrade???....factory tuner display (I wish)? Heads up holographic infotainment and vehicular monitoring center with FLIR?:nerd2:

·
19 Posts
Tooling around in a titan xd at the auto show, noticed all of the trucks have this panel or knockout in the top of the dash. Who wants to venture a guess, I have no clue...LOL! Gauge package upgrade???....factory tuner display (I wish)? Heads up holographic infotainment and vehicular monitoring center with FLIR?:nerd2:
Airbag access for repair or airbag comes out of spot that's weaker than the surronding dash.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Airbag access for repair or airbag comes out of spot that's weaker than the surronding dash.
They would have two? I figured the steering wheel had one, but outta the driver's dash seems odd. Haven't seen the data sheets on the air bag systems yet.

·
911 Posts
Would need to check out the service manual but it is probably an access for a control module such as the BCM, Bluetooth etc.

·
120 Posts
Could be a future headsup display area. Was that an SV? I have only seen a PR and have no way to what the other trims look like yet. My local dealership says they are getting 5 in march.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would think a BCM or even a Bluetooth module would have a better location under a seat or behind the nav and climate center. Especially since its pretty thin, maybe it's the LCD module for the gauge cluster? Definitely on all trims from SV up...haven't seen a base model yet. Maybe a service manual check would solve this riddle. While your at it, snap some photos of the truck specs, i.e. fluids/quantity, gear ratios on the aisin A466ND;)

·
124 Posts
May be a dumb suggestion, but maybe a flat panel to redirect glare that would be in line of sight higher up on the windshield?

·
911 Posts
I would think a BCM or even a Bluetooth module would have a better location under a seat or behind the nav and climate center. Especially since its pretty thin, maybe it's the LCD module for the gauge cluster? Definitely on all trims from SV up...haven't seen a base model yet. Maybe a service manual check would solve this riddle. While your at it, snap some photos of the truck specs, i.e. fluids/quantity, gear ratios on the aisin A466ND;)
Unfortunately engineers find an empty space and find something to stick in it. I sometimes think to myself why the **** would they put that were they did. If I am not too busy tomorrow I will grab that for you.

·
911 Posts
Maybe a service manual check would solve this riddle. While your at it, snap some photos of the truck specs, i.e. fluids/quantity, gear ratios on the aisin A466ND;)

Riddle solved. After removing the panel on the dash and having a look it provides access to two bolts for the dash support. Also provides access to connector at rear of cluster.
Here are the ratios for the Transmission and fluid recommendations.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts