Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or heard of a way to add an additional camera to the camera system? I want to add a cam for my horse trailer and wanted to explore this before adding an aftermarket setup.

·
3 Posts
I bought a spare camera and wire loom for the tailgate from Nissan and wired in to use on the rear of trailer to backup our fifth wheel. it works great! it plugs into the bed at the tailgate. Roy

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a spare camera and wire loom for the tailgate from Nissan and wired in to use on the rear of trailer to backup our fifth wheel. it works great! it plugs into the bed at the tailgate. Roy
Can you send me the part number and any details on wiring it up? Can you just scroll to that cam view through the on-board system?

·
3 Posts
camera assembly part # 28442-EZ00A I don't remember the other part number
I cut the wires in the loom i bought from Nissan and lengthened them with some wire and connectors i got from work. I made 2 sets one to hook in the back window so I could see the 5th plate alignment while backing up to the trailer, and the other to see behind the the 5th wheel while backing into the driveway. they both work off the rear hookup behind the tailgate so when it is plugged in an you reverse it comes up on the screen. i would send a picture of the setup but i can't get pictures to load onto the computer
Roy

·
1 Posts
I see this is somewhat of an old thread and I'm a little late to the conversation, but I want to do something similar. I'm curious are you using an aftermarket camera or did you also get the Nissan backup camera?

·
101 Posts
One question, does it only work in reverse, right now I have an aftermarket setup that works all the time, Its great to see if someone is coming up on you before changing lanes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts