Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the low fuel pressure warning. Truck won't start. I go through the basics like fuel filters, lift pump fuse was blown and pops after replacement. I check the harness and all
looks good. Truck is 17 still under warranty. I get it to the dealer. They confirm the lift pump is bad. Now comes the problem. They said there are no lift pumps available anywhere. They have two trucks ahead of me waiting on pumps. One has been since November 2020. Cannot even tell me when they will get them. Does anybody have the P/N? Any advice on how to deal with Nissan corporate?

·
145 Posts
How many miles on your truck? Hopefully it is less than 36k, because the fuel pump is considered part of the emissions system and covered under the basic 3/36 warranty. Kinda shocking that the lift pump is on back order. I had mine replaced a couple of months ago. Once the "tech" finally, after almost a month in the shop, figured out it was the lift pump, it only took them a couple of days to get the part in.
Hopefully your warranty ends up covering it and you aren't stuck with the bill like I was. But just in case, might wanna think about this:

·
338 Posts
Tom, yes...can't see how it is a very robust pump in that small space in the housing, but it is what it is....

·
252 Posts
I had the plastic cone that holds the lift pump break. It was stuck inside the filter element and I made the mistake of giving the filter a little twist. Expensive mistake. I wasn't able to find the crappy little plastic cone anywhere. To get one you had to order the entire filter housing as shown in the photo above. You'll notice the picture doesn't show the cone or the lift pump. That housing is almost $600 discounted. I found one off a wrecked XD on the big auction site. Cost me $350. but it was complete with the cone and the lift pump.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many miles on your truck? Hopefully it is less than 36k, because the fuel pump is considered part of the emissions system and covered under the basic 3/36 warranty. Kinda shocking that the lift pump is on back order. I had mine replaced a couple of months ago. Once the "tech" finally, after almost a month in the shop, figured out it was the lift pump, it only took them a couple of days to get the part in.
Hopefully your warranty ends up covering it and you aren't stuck with the bill like I was. But just in case, might wanna think about this:

65K They stated it was covered. The pump is backordered with no ETA of delivery. I had to actually spend days on the phone calling every dealership to find one. I did and I had to coordinate the dealer to dealer exchange. Pretty sad when the customer has to do the tracking down and coordinate the parts exchange, but I am not the type to accept "your truck might sit here for months".

·
145 Posts
Wow! That is crazy! My '16 had only 58k when my pump went out, and Nissan told me to kick rocks. But I would still ask for it in writing that they said it will be covered. I'm skeptical by nature, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts