Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are data entry issues, but I found if you just scroll through that list the ones that are actually gas list "7 speed automatic" vs the diesels showing either just automatic or aisin transmission. Autotrader date entry is better, shows about 12 when you select gas. Looks like just pro4x packages so far.

·
658 Posts
There is one listed in Brookhaven MS too. Data entry errors may be an issue with some, but this one also lists a 7 speed transmission.

·
909 Posts
If they have the serial number listed for the truck check the letter at the fourth spot. A is for gasser, B is for diesel. If they have a generic picture it is possible they haven't taken delivery of the truck yet but have just been allocated it.
Our first one hasn't arrived yet but is an April build so we are expecting it in the next couple of weeks hopefully.

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a dealer by me showing a gas xd online. Went down there and found out it's not actually on their lot yet. Sales manager said it looked to be 3-4 weeks out still.

·
348 Posts
Did a live chat with Nissan North America, asked if the gas XD has been released, was told they are built, none have been shipped, but some dealers have been allocated the gasseers already, she said target was "early spring" which then she hinted " could be any day now"

·
348 Posts
Gainesville Nissan has received thier first gas models, looks like they have added a "premium" to the MSRP.

·
348 Posts
Test drove a gas Pro4x last night, same truck but different beast. First, it takes a little more pedal to get going than my 04 Titan, but it will get up and go. Seems to be more responsive, not as much " lag" if that is the right word, as the diesel. The ride was the same fantastic, quiet ride that I experienced in the diesel. The seven speed transmission shifted very smoothly both up and down, at times, it almost seemed like a CVT. Fuel mileage was skewed due to allowing truck to idle for some time, however I did manage 22 mpg at 65 mph for a short while, much better than my 04. Unfortunately the one my dealer received had the added "convenience " package that I am not interested in, I only want the Utility and Audio package, which by the way the Rockford system is awesome compared to the stereos in the lesser trims, hopefully I can get a dealer swap and be in my gasser this weekend.

·
17 Posts
Test drove a gas Pro4x last night, same truck but different beast. First, it takes a little more pedal to get going than my 04 Titan, but it will get up and go. Seems to be more responsive, not as much " lag" if that is the right word, as the diesel. The ride was the same fantastic, quiet ride that I experienced in the diesel. The seven speed transmission shifted very smoothly both up and down, at times, it almost seemed like a CVT. Fuel mileage was skewed due to allowing truck to idle for some time, however I did manage 22 mpg at 65 mph for a short while, much better than my 04. Unfortunately the one my dealer received had the added "convenience " package that I am not interested in, I only want the Utility and Audio package, which by the way the Rockford system is awesome compared to the stereos in the lesser trims, hopefully I can get a dealer swap and be in my gasser this weekend.
Awesome, thanks for the info! Do you feel like if you really hit it, it would be faster than your '04? Just curious as it's a much bigger truck but more powerful V8 with the 7 speed. Also, how does the 5.6 sound? Still have that awesome growl as the previous version?

·
348 Posts
Faster, yes... Quicker, no. 70 felt like sitting on the couch, and didn't take that long to get there. The one I drove shifted very smoothly. The engine actually had a slight "diesel clatter" when at idle, not as quiet as my 04, but sounded kinda neat. Inside, as close to sound proof as you could ask for, with the RF system cranked, perfect. The only way to really hear the exhaust sound is to roll the windows down, and it does sound good. I did notice that taking off from stop that the RPMs would range into the 3 to 4 area, under normal driving, to get up to speed, my 04 doesn't hit 3000 unless I'm getting on it or towing. It seemed to go through 1st and 2nd gears pretty quick, which would make for higher RPMs if those are lower gears for increased pulling.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts