Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nissan has finally gotten around to announcing one of the worst kept secrets of the last 6 months.

They will make a 5.6L gasoline fed V8 available to Titan XD buyers, offering 390 horsepower and 401 lb-ft of torque.

In Nissans words the new 5.6 gasser features variable valve timing, direct injection and 4 valves per cylinder. They also claim a new piston design allows them up compression ratio and performance.

Naturally Nissan says fuel economy will be an improvement over the outgoing truck but failed to mention figures.

They say that gas driven XD's will be available in Crew Cab layout come spring 2016, with the 'regular' Titan following shortly in the summer.

We'll see about that...

·
6 Posts
From what it looks like, and from information provided by other members, the earliest XDs will be filling the pre-orders. That the dealers wont have the Diesel XDs in stock until march. I have 0 faith the gas model will be available until July 19th. I stopped at my chevy dealer today, had them give me a price on a silverado. Sticker was 46k, they are selling it to me for 34k. 12k off the sticker price. 4wd, crew cab, heated seats, remote start, dual climate, navigation. Im picking it up in 2 weeks. Sorry Nissan, ill see what you have to offer in 8 years or so, the next time i buy a truck.

·
608 Posts
12k off? That is a crazy discount.

Why do you not think it will come out till the summer, and that particular date too?

·
6 Posts
Lol summer officially starts the 20th of July, so seeing how they said the diesel would be available "late 2015", July 19th would be the same as "available in spring"

·
6 Posts
I don't know why I kept saying July, I meant June. Either way just poking a little fun. I was really excited when I first heard about the new titan. I love my last Gen pathfinder, but ive outgrown it, and nissan still can't get their act together with the 2016.

·
772 Posts
I don't know why I kept saying July, I meant June. Either way just poking a little fun. I was really excited when I first heard about the new titan. I love my last Gen pathfinder, but ive outgrown it, and nissan still can't get their act together with the 2016.
its like nissan and infiniti are content with how the sales are overall. They could take a huge portion from the truck market and from sport luxury market. with the cummins and the new gasser.

·
313 Posts
12k off? That is a crazy discount.
Not really.

Up here in Canada, pretty much every late Summer and Fall Ford has its "employee pricing" sales with 10-12K off.

Just recently GM has been giving 11K discounts on their pricier vehicles including diesel trucks. Currently RAM is only offering 6K on the Cummins trucks.

These are advertised factory rebates that you get on the "Build and Price" web sites. Dealers may do more.

One Ford discount dealer I watch seems to stock up during the "Employee Pricing" sales and continues to sell them at the discount prices afterwards.

·
40 Posts
I was talking with one of the salesman at a local dealer here. He said the new gas V8 is supposed to have closer to 415 hp when it's released from the initial 390 they are indicating. Anyone heard similar rumors?
Either way can't wait to compare the two diesel vs gas. I'll look to pick up one at the end of the year or early next when inventories are greater and nissan has some incentives.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
The infinity version is around 415 hp on premium, so maybe with some programming maybe the titan can get to that.

·
12 Posts
Old thread, but now that the gas XD is out with the same engine and the non XD, has anyone driven both? Just wondering if the 1/2 ton XD is significantly slower than the 1/4 non XD?

·
492 Posts
Old thread, but now that the gas XD is out with the same engine and the non XD, has anyone driven both? Just wondering if the 1/2 ton XD is significantly slower than the 1/4 non XD?
HUH???
I think that you are asking if the 5.6L V8 in the XD Is slower than the 5.6L V8 in the NON-XD 1/2 ton (there is no 1/4 ton model.)

Comparing curb weights of Pro4X crew cab models

XD = 6536
NON-XD = 5811

DIFFERENCE = 725 LBS

SO, I would say that the NON-XD MODEL is 725 LBS faster than the XD model.

Drag racers use a "rule of thumb" for the quarter mile 100 lbs reduction = minus .1 sec/quarter mile
Therefore +725 lbs = .725 seconds slower/quarter mile
Most of that time lost is at the start.

Anyone who has driven both?

·
12 Posts
HUH???
I think that you are asking if the 5.6L V8 in the XD Is slower than the 5.6L V8 in the NON-XD 1/2 ton (there is no 1/4 ton model.)

Comparing curb weights of Pro4X crew cab models

XD = 6536
NON-XD = 5811

DIFFERENCE = 725 LBS

SO, I would say that the NON-XD MODEL is 725 LBS faster than the XD model.

Drag racers use a "rule of thumb" for the quarter mile 100 lbs reduction = minus .1 sec/quarter mile
Therefore +725 lbs = .725 seconds slower/quarter mile
Most of that time lost is at the start.

Anyone who has driven both?
Correct, I'm asking XD vs non-XD. Wonder if some who has driven both can chime in or if there's actually been a road test of the two side by side.

·
13 Posts
Correct, I'm asking XD vs non-XD. Wonder if some who has driven both can chime in or if there's actually been a road test of the two side by side.
I had a 2017 SV gas for a year and just got the XD gas. I can tell a difference in performance acceleration for sure. However, the new XD is 4x4, so that may be the difference. I like the XD much better than my 1/2 to SV.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts