Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Viewed a dark blue pro 4X in Swift Current, Saskatchewan yesterday. What a beautiful beast. No running boards so I almost needed a boost from the salesman to get this chunky 66 year old bod into the drivers seat. It appears to be larger than other full size pickups currently available but I cannot confirm as there was absolutely no info available - specs?, price?, availability? - nothing.
Observations: It looks much better in person than the pics led me to believe. The grill doesn't protrude as much as the pics implied, the Cummins badge on the fender isn't at all bothersome, the installation of the fender trim looks more permanent than the "pop on" style on my Ranger and there appears to be some room in the engine compartment to access stuff.
Sorry no pics but they would not do it justice anyway.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very comfy, - whole cab feels comfortable with the layout - like the column shift - huge amounts of storage in doors and console.

·
91 Posts
Is it coming to Saskatoon? Does anybody know!? This is really exciting...I check for updates on this truck at least 10 times a day. I'm really hoping to not be disappointed...

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree. I've always been an "any shade of red" kinda guy but that blue is gonna stick with me a while. Very subtle, very classy.

·
91 Posts
So I talked to my local dealer today...turns out they had the "million dollar prototype" pass through the showroom already. Viewings were by invitation only, and only existing Titan owners were called upon. How silly is that!? What about those of us looking to leave a crappy domestic truck for this new XD? They also said the retail truck won't arrive at the dealer until the first part of January, in which then they will be taking orders....which will be delivered in *gasp* March. I stand by my statement said earlier that this poor truck will be outdated before its even available for sale! The whole launch of this truck is being handled so poorly its appalling.

I think it's time to throw in the towel and go trade my Chevy in for a nice ram Laramie. At least I know what I'd buying!

Super disappointed....

·
94 Posts
So I talked to my local dealer today...turns out they had the "million dollar prototype" pass through the showroom already. Viewings were by invitation only, and only existing Titan owners were called upon. How silly is that!? What about those of us looking to leave a crappy domestic truck for this new XD? They also said the retail truck won't arrive at the dealer until the first part of January, in which then they will be taking orders....which will be delivered in *gasp* March. I stand by my statement said earlier that this poor truck will be outdated before its even available for sale! The whole launch of this truck is being handled so poorly its appalling.

I think it's time to throw in the towel and go trade my Chevy in for a nice ram Laramie. At least I know what I'd buying!

Super disappointed....
If my dealership does that to me I most certainly will be getting a RAM 2500.

·
857 Posts
They better take note because dealership level things like that happening is exactly what they don't need. If this wasn't a launch year and instead the year after then maybe it would be somewhat okay.

·
91 Posts
I wouldn't be buying from this dealer in question anyways. Every "price conscious" person in SK knows not to buy a vehicle in the two big cities...you will pay significantly more. Doesn't matter the brand. There are many smaller town dealers that will make your visit and ultimate purchase worthwhile. But even with that said, I just get that feeling that the major downfall with this XD will be dealer support. It will just not be the same as walking into a Ford dealer or something, where parts are on hand or a simple next day freight order. Nissan struggled with this when the first Titan was released. I had a relative that bought one new, a 2004. Something about parts for the brakes and rear differential, all were backordered with no ETA. Hopefully they learned their lesson back then, but I don't know....my hopes for this being my next truck are fading. A slap in the face from the local dealer, increasing delays, minimal knowledge on available features, specs, the price?....uhgg

·
6 Posts

Super disappointed....
I will be buying a new truck in march and was excited at the prospect of getting an xd. I have a lease that goes back in march, if the xd isn't available by then I'll be picking up a Silverado instead. Very disappointing

·
658 Posts

Super disappointed....
I'm not going to base my decision on buying this (or any other) highly priced truck on how a salesman makes me "feel". I'm going to buy it based on the merits of the truck itself. As a First generation (2009) Titan owner, I am looking to this new truck for more than what the first gen offered AND because I was very happy with that truck and will give the new Titan first shot at getting my repeat business. Who cares if you didn't get the first chance at seeing it? Who cares if the first honest to God viewing you get is when they hit the dealers lots for sale? Buy the truck if it fits you, buy something else if it doesn't..... first world problems... :2cents:

·
857 Posts
Buying a vehicle based on how a salesman makes you feel seems like something the average prius buyer of iPhone buyer would do :D

If anything we know far more than the typical sales guy and can convince a buddy of our to get one... i've seen horrible sales people in my time.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Considering the money it costs to buy a new vehicle a good sales person makes all the difference. A bad sales person will take all the enjoyment out of spending that kind of money.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts