Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how the XD would look with smoked Cab roof lights, I always wanted them on my truck.

·
77 Posts
It has the same sloped roof in the front as the current Titan, and I never thought they would look right with the slope.

·
857 Posts
One way I would go about this is using tint film, at least with that you can select the percentage range and have a clean look in the end. Are you spraying or laying down a film?

·
658 Posts
I know... but I'm saying the XD doesn't come with them...

...unless, we're talking about the potential to add them post purchase...?
Yeah, I think that's what he was asking. Or wondering how they would look if they had them. Then again, I may have completely misunderstood

·
340 Posts
Yeah, I think that's what he was asking. Or wondering how they would look if they had them. Then again, I may have completely misunderstood
Actually I doubt they could be legally added post purchase. Clearance lights are federally mandated. XD isn't wide enough, but the Raptor is... I wonder what the difference in widths is.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, sorry for the confusion I am referring to the Cab roof marker lights as shown below on Toyota Tundra. Certainly a weekend aftermarket project!

Attachments

·
340 Posts
Just make sure if you're going to install aftermarket clearance lights you're familiar with DOT regs and how serious your state is at enforcing them

Understanding DOT regulations can be a real pain. To sum up the reasons for the clearence lights give the DOT officers a quick reference as to the tonnage of the vehicle, besides the safety equipment thats required on trucks that exceed certian GVWs. Some 3/4 to vehicles actually have a capacity rating of over a ton and require them, some dont. ALL DUAL WHEEL trucks HAVE to have them, and this includes the 3/4 ton Ford duallys. All one ton trucks, whether or not its a dually, have the GVW rating requireing clearence lights. Some 3/4 ton trucks fall under the required saftey requirements and then can be an option,,,,,to a point.

NO 1/2 ton truck should sport clearance lights and that is enforced in some states, if you have them on a 1/2 ton and they are ON (operating) while on a state controlled road you can be cited for misrepresenting the tonnage of your truck. Some people put them on just to be "cool", yet some that know the laws and try to skirt them at night will try to use a 1/2 ton or an under rated 3/4 to to pull or haul loads over rated for the truck and is dangerous. They try to run those loads under the cover of night with the clearance lights to misrepresent the truck as to having the correct rating. They do this because 1/2 tons and light 3/4 tons are cheaper to buy, register and insure.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DOT Cab marker lights are required on all vehicles over 80". Ford & GM offer them as an option if you're installing snow plows or towing trailers in widths over 80".

Back in the day if a truck was coming at you with Cab marker lights you knew to give them some extra room to get by since they were wider then the normal passenger vehicle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts