Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
some interesting news in that segment, The frames will be different for the gas version and the XD.

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PHP:
t
some interesting news in that segment, The frames will be different for the gas version and the XD.
The XD version will have the heavy duty frame in both diesel and gas versions.
The NON-XD frames will probably be an upgrade to our existing chassis and will most likely have either V6 or V8 gasoline engines. I am making an educated guess that there will be an inline 4 Cyl Cummins diesel as well, especially in the standard cab work/fleet truck model.

·
56 Posts
I'm beginning to sense that the XD frame will only be available with 6.5' bed in the crew. I was really hoping for a 5.5' bed to keep the length of the truck down.

·
857 Posts
PHP:
t

The XD version will have the heavy duty frame in both diesel and gas versions.
The NON-XD frames will probably be an upgrade to our existing chassis and will most likely have either V6 or V8 gasoline engines. I am making an educated guess that there will be an inline 4 Cyl Cummins diesel as well, especially in the standard cab work/fleet truck model.
Inline 4 is quite small, I thought about the possibility of that but to me it seems like that might not provide sufficient power.

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
210 HP 385 lb/ft of torque:

http://www.cumminsdieselspecs.com/2.8L-cummins.html

It would surprise me if this engine or one like it isn't at least in the Frontier.
It has less HP than a 5.6 Endurance, but nearly as much torque at just 1800 rpm.
The Titan V8 engine specs:
The VK56DE is a 5.6 L (5552 cc) version built in Decherd, Tennessee. Bore is 98 mm (3.9 in) and stroke is 92 mm (3.6 in). Output is 317 hp - 320 hp (227 kW) at 4900 rpm with 385 to 393 lb·ft (522-533 Nm) of torque at 3600 rpm Weight Approx: 433 lbs

·
340 Posts
yea the 4 cyl cummins will go in frontier, not likely to see it in baby Titan, talk about a marketing nightmare, trying to sell 4 cyls into a segment that still isn't sure V6's belong there (this isnt my view point just the sum of conversations)

the XDs frame came from the 3500 NV, or most of it did anyways...

·
857 Posts
In the frontier I can see it happening, but definitely nothing in a segment above that as it just wouldn't be suitable at all.

·
37 Posts
yea the 4 cyl cummins will go in frontier, not likely to see it in baby Titan, talk about a marketing nightmare, trying to sell 4 cyls into a segment that still isn't sure V6's belong there (this isnt my view point just the sum of conversations)

the XDs frame came from the 3500 NV, or most of it did anyways...
2.8 is not far away from 3.0 in Ram. But I think you are correct. It could be a nightmare for sales people. :grin2:

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
2.8 would be perfect for the frontier, gives it more power and torque than it actually needs for the class, much like the ISV in the Titan. Would make the diesel engine stand out as the better choice as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts