Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 5.0 SL for a tow vehicle/work truck, very quickly became my daily. Just moved to Boise. How are these trucks in the winter? So far so good here but it's only been in the low 20's. Bilsteins on 2nd from the top. Method 20x10 -24 Falken Wildpeak AT3W 305/55 (have flares in garage I need to install this weekend)

IMAG1731.jpg IMAG1732.jpg IMAG1755.jpg

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
You'll do great in the winter. Especially since you don't have those ridiculous oem General "Grabbers"!

·
1,186 Posts
Nice...so question: does that Fab Fours Premirear bumper keep the factory hitch or is that an aftermarket hitch? Their website says no but it looks factory.
Reason: I gotta get a new rear bumper!
I think I like the premium better than the vengeance that “keeps the factory hitch”

·
1,186 Posts
Nice...so question: does that Fab Fours Premirear bumper keep the factory hitch or is that an aftermarket hitch? Their website says no but it looks factory.
Reason: I gotta get a new rear bumper!
I think I like the premium better than the vengeance that “keeps the factory hitch”
Nevermind...Fab Fours says it will work. Real Truck apparently has bad info. After much study and debate I went Vengeance.

·
269 Posts
Since you're in a place that gets pretty damn cold, you might check into whether or not you have the updated block heater - there were a few problems with the original burning out on people. Here's a pic of what it would look like, viewed from the driver's side of the truck - the heater is the part with the red cap on it by the oil filter - https://www.titanxdforum.com/attachments/img_20180206_083739-jpg.34985/

Also, it's worth noting that I've been able to start mine through two winters without ever using the heater, and we hit temps in the teens pretty easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts