Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Head designer of the Titan is Diane Allen, but this isn't some knee jerk reaction to try and sell women pickup trucks, shes been in that capacity for some time.

But they are trying to use female executives to sell females on pickup trucks..

http://www.autonews.com/article/20141208/OEM02/312089950/your-favorite-pickup-with-a-womans-touch

According to registration data compiled by IHS Automotive, women purchased 15 percent of pickup trucks in the United States in the first nine months of this year.

Women make up a larger percentage (19 percent) of buyers of midsize pickups and a smaller percentage (13 percent) of buyers of heavy-duty pickups, according to the registration data.

·
81 Posts
Never realized that so many women bought trucks, haven't seen that many on the road driving trucks so this comes to my surprise.

Maybe they should use Diane in some promotional video's on their trucks to further push on this.

·
608 Posts
I think its a good idea to use women to attract more ladies to trucks. Simply seeing them as brand ambassadors can help women to think of trucks as something outside of the strictly male realm. Lord knows they have taken a distinctly masculine approach up until now.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think its a good idea to use women to attract more ladies to trucks. Simply seeing them as brand ambassadors can help women to think of trucks as something outside of the strictly male realm. Lord knows they have taken a distinctly masculine approach up until now.
Brand Ambassadors, shes the goddamn design chief, a little condescending on your part no? It takes more than a female brand ambassador to make the product appropriate for the target demo.

it needs to be designed from the ground up to appeal, you dont get to be what you say you are because you said you are...

·
857 Posts
Like mentioned before...

I think promotional campaigns targeted at women should do some good for getting more women in trucks or to at least push that image on women.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts