Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I noticed a large difference when I unplugged my EGR sensors. Turbos stay spooled somewhat when you let off, allowing for a quicker spool up when you get back into it. (Plus lots more turbo sound. 馃槏)
Arebyou deleted/tuned?

I'm already straight piped with a +55% tune. My turbo whistle is nuts.

2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
Eventually, once I get a drill press and a better band saw blade, I'll make some block off plates and something to re-route coolant so I can just remove anything to do with EGR
I will, gladly, pay you if you make me some of those block off plates.

The problem looks to be that it鈥檒l possibly disrupt the flow of air. That鈥檚 why you鈥檇 need new parts that are straight.

Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Once I make my homemade EGR delete kit, and if it doesn't leak, I'll DM you, as well as make a post. That'll be a few months, though. I'm getting the drill press in November.
The problem looks to be that it鈥檒l possibly disrupt the flow of air. That鈥檚 why you鈥檇 need new parts that are straight.
Shouldn't be any different than keeoing the EGR valves closed, except now you won't have EGR cooler leaks. I could be wrong, though. I won't offer to make the poor man's delete kit unless it works well on my truck.

Once I make my homemade EGR delete kit, and if it doesn't leak, I'll DM you, as well as make a post. That'll be a few months, though. I'm getting the drill press in November.

Shouldn't be any different than keeoing the EGR valves closed, except now you won't have EGR cooler leaks. I could be wrong, though. I won't offer to make the poor man's delete kit unless it works well on my truck.
I think you鈥檒l have to do a coolant bypass too. I鈥檓 saving up the money for the real deal artwork now. It would still be nice for a cheap art option too. $1100-1500 is a lot to throw down though. It鈥檒l be worth it in the long run. (Hopefully)

2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
You'd need to reroute the coolant lines but that's easy enough. I wouldn't mind a new charge pipe, but cft is overpriced, in my opinion.

You'd need to reroute the coolant lines but that's easy enough. I wouldn't mind a new charge pipe, but cft is overpriced, in my opinion.
I agree, but it鈥檚 the only place you can find it. Basically monopoly

Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Rerouting coolant and blocking off the 2 exhaust pipes near the turbos is easy, the challenge comes from blocking where the EGR cooler feeds exhaust gasses to the casted intake elbow, below and offset of the charge pipe coming from the intercooler. It's not joined by bolts, but by a weird metal tube roughly 3 inches long with O-rings on either side. Basically you slide it into place and bolt the 2 parts down, meaning the tube can't go anywhere. I havent figure out how to block off a hole that doesn't have bolt holes or threads, and experiences upwards of 32 psi of boost. I could simply weld a mating flange to a stainless steel pipe, and join the other end witht the rubber boot already there. Add some nuts to thread in the sensors and replace the elbow with that...except I don't have a welding machine. I also have other money-pit projects right now. This my main obstacle to making my own EGR delete kit. I've been thinking about it for hours but haven't come up with a solution.

Rerouting coolant and blocking off the 2 exhaust pipes near the turbos is easy, the challenge comes from blocking where the EGR cooler feeds exhaust gasses to the casted intake elbow, below and offset of the charge pipe coming from the intercooler. It's not joined by bolts, but by a weird metal tube roughly 3 inches long with O-rings on either side. Basically you slide it into place and bolt the 2 parts down, meaning the tube can't go anywhere. I havent figure out how to block off a hole that doesn't have bolt holes or threads, and experiences upwards of 32 psi of boost. I could simply weld a mating flange to a stainless steel pipe, and join the other end witht the rubber boot already there. Add some nuts to thread in the sensors and replace the elbow with that...except I don't have a welding machine. I also have other money-pit projects right now. This my main obstacle to making my own EGR delete kit. I've been thinking about it for hours but haven't come up with a solution.
Have you looked at the cft instructions (,Pdf file), i dont know if you can still find this online , but I have saved it on my computer and could email this to you. It might give you some ideas.

Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I've seen their kit and write-ups, so I understand how they accomplished it. I'm starting to think I can't do this without welding. I posted my stock emissions stuff for sale. If somebody buys it, I plan to use that money to get welding equipment and some stainless. Practice for a bit and then I'll be on my way to removing my EGR syatem emtirely. For that amount of money I could just buy the CFT kit, but then I don't have a welding machine.

2017 TitanXD Pro 4x4 - Tuned with Straight pipe
Have you looked at the cft instructions (,Pdf file), i dont know if you can still find this online , but I have saved it on my computer and could email this to you. It might give you some ideas.
Can you email them to me. I am in the middle of doing this as well. I purchase the coolant bypass and the plug. We are thinking of removing the EGR and making our own block off plates as well.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts